Hands-On Images of Sony 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS

Started Sep 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
webgeek Regular Member • Posts: 323
Hands-On Images of Sony 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS

Here are 15 images that I took using the new Sony 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS lens coming out this November. Sony Vietnam loaned me this lens for only one day and I was able to only shoot a bit with it. I really like the compact small size as well as the fast zoom. The images are sharp and clear. I liked it so much, I went home and sell my wife Sony NEX-5N & 18-55mm kit lens to buy the new NEX-6 with this kit lens.

Overall, it is a wonderful replacement for the old kit lens for several reasons:

1) It is much smaller and fit better on my NEX-7 as well as in the small Billingham bag

2) The 16-50mm range is much better since I like the 24mm equivalent as I take most of my images at this wide range.

3) The Power Zoom is excellent and surprisingly fast. I never used Power Zoom before and did not think I will like it this much.

4) Silent and takes a small filter thread 40.5mm. Good price together with NEX-6 for $1000

All images were shot with my NEX-7 with various creative effect on camera as well as HDR, Panorama, Tilt-Shift. All worked well and it is Compatible with NEX-7 in case anyone wanted this confirm.

Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Pat
Pat
Pat
Pat
SDF
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow