In defence of SPP

Started Sep 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Usee
Usee Senior Member • Posts: 2,223
Re: In defence of SPP?

gary mercer wrote:

I don't see any reason to defend SPP. It clearly needs improvement and if I were the CEO of Sigma, I would welcome criticism and comments regarding SPP from users and take these criticisms and make the product faster and more robust on the windows and mac platform. Sigma wants Professionals to use the SD1M and SPP software. Three key components Sigma is working on nicely and this will attract more buyers.

1. New generation of high end super quality lenses---that was just announced.
2. Good firmware updates for the SD1M so far

3. The Release of the highest resolution foveon sensored camera EVER--the DP2M--an amazing accomplishment for Sigma even with its bugs and issues.

The next step is updating and improving the SPP software to make it compact, super fast and reliable for us professional and advanced amatuers. I will be thrilled with any improvements that can be made. Send your suggestions and criticisms to Sigma--that way Sigma will have the feedback it needs to improve its products.

I agree and maybe we also agree on this one...

...to show a "visible" price for those, who want to have SPP delivered with the camera (assuming that there will be third party support for the ...M series someday...) - the others (like me) get their Sigma for 10 bucks less.

At the moment all Sigma customers have to pay for SPP - no matter which Sigma product they choose - because of the subventions within the company!

-

Please stop subsidize the weakest part of the image quality chain of Your cameras Mr. Yamaki - the unlucky SD1 start did already show the problem more clear than necessary!

-- hide signature --

It doesn't matter what You do - it matters how You do it, to get satisfaction!

Envy is the highest form of recognition.

Stop to run, start to think.
Think twice - that doubles the fun!

Your world is as big, as Your mind.
Avoid to have only one point of view!

Uli

Usee's gear list:Usee's gear list
Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 12-24mm F4-5.6 ED Samsung NX 45mm F1.8 2D/3D Samsung 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 power zoom Samsung 50-150mm F2.8 S
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
JLK
JLK
JLK
JLK
JLK
(unknown member)
jbr
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow