Fuji XPro/Xtrans a mistake?

Started May 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 13,144
Re: challenges/mathematics of demosaicing

boinkphoto wrote:

That's pretty interesting really and makes you really hope that Fuji did in fact share the "special sauce" with the likes of Adobe. I don't see much benefit to keeping it locked to Silkypix only, particularly given that even if it's not horrible, it's comparatively a much weaker workflow.

I know people are dubious of the sensor's lifespan, and I think that is reasonable, however it's part of why I have consistently purchased Fuji cameras - their willingness to break the mold is part of why their images I believe tend to be better than the competition from an IQ standpoint.

It also is depressing, say when you buy a Nikon, to think that really what you may be getting is a recycled Sony sensor. The same reason I shot Velvia is the same reason I shoot Fuji - I wanted a more unique film (of course everyone shot Velvia in the end, so it was hardly unique but...).

Must be a drag shooting that "recycled" Sony sensor in the Nikon D800.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow