D600 close to D4 at high ISO

Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
RP McMurphy Contributing Member • Posts: 571
Re: D600 close to D4 at high ISO

RodluvanII wrote:

That said, I believe 36Mpx is a laugh and serves very little, if any, purpose for the wast majority of people.

Disagree - it improves your pictures by giving more control over edge acuity and more effective noise reduction

Very few people output at a 36mp equivalent but that is not to say that you do not see a slight improvement resulting from 36mp input when printing / viewing at smaller equivalent sizes

Only downside really is more storage (and anyone paying price of a D800 should not quibble over storage FFS) and reduced FPS (which I personally do not need and is the reason why D4 has fewer pixels - D4 is a tough body primarily for pro sports and photo journalists, because ultimate image quality is not as important as capturing that image in the first place in fast moving environments, then for that type of user fps > quality which is why the D4 less less MP and more FPS and the D800 has more MP and less FPS)

But to say that more mp serves very little, if any purpose for the wast majority I think is wide of the mark

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rjx
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow