D600 vs a99 .... why?

Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Draek
Draek Senior Member • Posts: 2,028
Re: D600 vs a99 .... why?

op1318 wrote:

That's for sure.

Precisely, as the "challenger", i used to think that Sony should have a more aggressive pricing strategy. I remember the "early days" (2006) when they released the A100 which, at that time, was considered a very attractive camera for a small amount of money.

But nowadays, paradoxically, one may consider that Nikon has a more aggressive strategy than Sony on the FF segment.

This may not encourage photographers (sometimes a bit conservative) to switch brands to the advantage of Sony...

Well, that is my opinion.

I'd agree but, interestingly enough, I'd say that the cause is precisely Sony's overly-aggressive pricing strategy. Namely, the fact that they offer so much for so little in the A77, that if they had cut anything else the A99 would've been a pointless "upgrade" for most photographers; a sensor alone does not make a camera after all.

Nikon, on the other hand, has much less to worry about; can you imagine anyone skipping on the D600 to get a D3200? thought so.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/Draek

Draek's gear list:Draek's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Samsung TL500 Canon PowerShot A1200 Sony Alpha DSLR-A390
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow