ACDSee 6.0

Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
english_Wolf
english_Wolf New Member • Posts: 12
ACDSee 6.0

I found a huge flaw in ACDSee 6.x It lead me to cancel my (pre)order.

The problem came out when I wanted to delete pictures from a large library, as I often do. I usually look at hundred of pictures per week. Do to the nature of what I doi I simply eliminate off end everything that out of focus, under/over exposed or have flaws that renders the shot unusable.

To do that I always look at the images individually and delete them one by one.

Previous versions of ACDSee offered a 'confirm delete' that could be set on or off, a sensible practical approach. (Option, file management)

As I set up ACDSee I automatically went to the menu and did not find the option. I looked all over the options in detail, no settings. I contacted Tech support, hoping that in mi ignorance I missed something. I did not.

After four attempts to get an answer I finally got one:
"Use the OS recycle bin option to set confirm to OFF"

I have absolutely no interest to fly w/o a safety net with the rest of my data. but ACDSee seems to have decided it knows better than me what I can and should at the OS level.

This is ridiculous and will create grief to many folks who have absolutely no idea how dangerous this setting can be at the OS level, even if it all goes to the recycling bin. I owe to know, I am a certified system administrator.

My conclusion:

DO NOT PURCHASE ACDSee until this option is back onto the file management and limited to the files associated with ACDSee.

english_Wolf's gear list:english_Wolf's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow