Really that much difference btw d600/6d autofocus system???

Started Sep 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Clive Photo New Member • Posts: 13
Re: Really that much difference btw d600/6d autofocus system???

It's been said already the only time the number of AF points really matters is when tracking an object that's moving across the frame. The best of that kind of AF seems to be reserved for top end models so I'm wondering how much difference in practical terms the higher number of AF points the D600 has over the 6D would make.

I find the best way to go if I have time to compose is to use centre spot metering and the central AF point to make sure the object in the frame that must be in focus is in focus. If the camera is locked off then I'll focus manually. Otherwise I find the camera can decide to use a different point to the one that's important to me. I wonder if most of the complaints about back/front/inaccurate AF aren't down to this.

In low light conditions, however, it all changes. Sometimes it's just too dark to rely on manual focus and having an AF sensor which can function quickly and accurately would be a huge advantage.

As usual, it's horses for courses and, so far, no one camera can do it all. Otherwise there would be only one.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow