Manufacturing changes D800 ??

Started Sep 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Astrophotographer 10 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,026
Re: Smells like a D800s is coming...

Nikon have done an incredible job of putting out some great cameras. But the devil is in the detail and there have been some terrible mishandlings.

The green cast LCD, the bad AF points, the freeze ups on some cameras have put a taint on buying a new Nikon. Now it seems prudent to only buy where you can return quickly. It would be prudent to check the camera in the store before accepting it (in Australia this is not so easy as the boxes are sealed with a sticker and dealers may not allow you to do that).

So it becomes a lottery if you get a good one or not. Nikon needs to restore confidence in its products and QC which after all is what the Japanese economy is built on - fabulous QC and high quality reliable products.

My D800E is flawless as far as I know. But then I was concerned when I picked it up if I was getting a bad one or not.

Greg.

Astrophotographer 10's gear list:Astrophotographer 10's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R II Sony Alpha a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Zeiss Loxia 21mm F2.8 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow