Question about GH2 and lenses

Started Sep 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ryan2007 Forum Pro • Posts: 12,001
Re: Question about GH2 and lenses

What I advise based on the previous response is get the Panasonic GX-1 with a 14-45 zoom. If you want really nice diffused flash buy or look to buy the Metz 50 AF-1 or similar with the gray fong collapsible light sphere.

Regardless of a flash accessory using non direct flash will make loads of difference.

Remember to get eye level with your subject as much as possible. Leave room on all sides of the frame because if you want to make an enlargement everything is automatically cropped. I also advise not to use the date stamp because when you take that great shot those numbers are imbedded unless you crop the bottom part of the image, use the clone tool I photoshop, any version currently.

I understand all you want to do is drop the images off for some else to print which is fine.

VERY IMPORTANT - Do not shoot RAW, you need to my knowledge software to open these files and it usually comes with the camera for you to do yourself.

The short version of RAW is all of the data is taken to give maximum adjustment later and uses up more space being a large file. JPEG does the scene data editing for you and is best for a what you see is what you get result.

This is why I highly suggested an external flash with diffusion. iMO it will be helpful to do everything up front if you cannot rely on any pet editing. Exactly the same if you we're shooting film.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow