seeking some advice regarding a purchase

Started Sep 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
awaldram
awaldram Forum Pro • Posts: 13,258
Re: High ISO, low light, and DR

Donald B wrote:

when you go out and collect drift wood what colour is it ? and with midday sun on it i dare to say any other camera would have done a better job. it was what i saw with my eyes its why i took the photo with the contrasting colours even the fluro red dragon fly the k5 would have made a mess of it with poor red channel blowout. this shot was taken single handered leaning over a 2 foot drop off with the swivel screen facing up towards me and holding onto a branch with the other hand, a shot imposible to take with a slr not to mention the 400 mm working distance and the silent shutter. and lightning fast af as they were flying back and forward.

I'll agree a P+S is considerably easier to use than a SLR and will deliver superior results for poor technique " shot was taken single handered leaning over a 2 foot drop off with the swivel screen facing up towards me and holding onto a branch with the other hand"

not to rub it in LOL.

I'm not offended you find a p+S better than a d-slr , Though I disagree with your conclusions on the IQ they deliver and believe your images show just that fact.

But who knows maybe I'm kidding myself because I want a DSLR to be better.

P+S channel split yellow channel used and reconstructed to BW

cheers don

awaldram's gear list:awaldram's gear list
Pentax K-x Pentax Q Olympus PEN E-PM2 Pentax Q7 Pentax K-3 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow