Merrill v MILC and mft cameras. A new choice dilemna

Started Sep 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
papillon_65
papillon_65 Forum Pro • Posts: 27,030
Re: On trick pony

Bob Meyer wrote:

If landscapes or cityscapes (i.e., non moving subjects) in bright light are your raison d'etre, and you're willing to use on Sigma's software, these cameras are probably a very good, but very specialized, tool.

If you can afford and justify having a separate camera for this limited use, then go for it. I really can't.

-- hide signature --

I've stopped thinking in terms of "equivalent" focal lengths on m43. 25mm is what it is, and what it might be similar to on some other format doesn't matter to me any more. We need to learn what to expect from our current equipment, not keep mapping it to the old. No one refers to their 50mm FF lens as "equivalent to 80mm on MF."

You can use the excellent manual focus capability (with distance scale) and set the camera up for street shooting no problem, and no focus lag, especially the DP1's.
--
Any problem on earth can be solved by a well aimed Pomegranate...
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow