CP4500 has a RAW mode!

Started Jan 21, 2003 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Ed Rotberg Senior Member • Posts: 1,865
Re: Hotpixel remapping: My results

That's hard to say Jaime. You used a threshold of 60 luminence for hot pixels. Who's to say what the Nikon internal remapping software uses as a threshold.

Personally I have tried not to obsess about hot pixels too much. First, they are mostly only visible for long exposures. Secondly the NR function does work well in those cases. Third, if I can't see them in my normal pixtures, I'm not going to compain about it.

I did the remapping on my images because of the occasoinal long exposures that I do and the fact that there were 6 hot areas VERY visible when I had NR turned off. But to be honest, I usually just turn on NR for those cases. The nice thing about doing the remap is that I can get away with forgetting to turn NR on, which occaisonally happens, and I did not have to give up my camera to get it done.

I would suggest just taking a 4 second shot with your lens cap on and NR off, and then looking at it at 100% magnification on your monitor. If you don't see any hot pixels jump out at you - don't sweat it!

= Ed =

jaime wrote:

I used the cpixmap app on my 4500 and it found no hotpixels, but
my 4500 has some hotpixels at 1/2 sec and above, I first used
deadpixeltest.exe and here are my results:

Do you think the cpixmap app doesn't work with the 4500??

-- hide signature --

= Ed Rotberg =

'A waist is a terrible thing to mind'

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JWL
JWL
JWL
JWL
RPK
lsz
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow