What 's wrong with this picture?

Started Sep 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 3,985
Re: What 's wrong with this picture?

I looked at your pbase photos and found a lot to like. I looked through your Italy photos with interest since I am going myself. I found the composition of some of the Italy photos more to my taste than this example and wonder if it might be useful for you to review them.

I think you might consider changing your crop in order to show more clearly what exactly attracted your attention to this scene. Think about moving the bridge more nearly on one of the third points of the frame and see what you think. As it is, nothing really reaches out and grabs my attention.

Just a personal observation, but it doesn't seem to me that this is the best site for useful feedback regarding this sort of question. Sometimes it's because of people such as myself with limited artistic talent, but mostly I think it's probably due to other reasons.

-- hide signature --

One day long ago, a sorcerer and a warrior did battle, as such things were commonplace in that age. Sometimes the sorcerer won, and the sum value of human abilities was improved some trifling amount. Sometimes the warrior won, and again the human race improved by some insignificant amount, for a sorcerer who can't defeat one miserable warrior is a poor sorcerer indeed.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow