bobn2
bobn2 Forum Pro • Posts: 58,113
Re: Not always

maarensv wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

maarensv wrote:
Hi,

ossme wrote:

This is a decision Canon have made when they built the EF lens system.

The previous poster said non-Canon. There are some non-Canon lenses for aps-c, but with EF mount. Like Tokina's 12-24. Those will fit FF and not hit the mirror.

But regardless of that I can not understand why anyone wants to use aps-c lenses on FF.

Simply I think to make the transition to FF easier, if you can't afford to swap out all your lenses at once. A simple alternative is to fit the lens on a 1.4x TC (although still the EF-S lenses have problems with many TC's)

So you say go FF first and then appropraite lenses ? An aps-c camera with decent optics is a better choice than FF with not suitable lenses IMO, so I still do not understand. I'd do it the other way around.

$2k for a camera is a stretch for some people. Time comes every few years when they buy a new camera. Say they decide to make the transition, they can't afford the camera and a full set of lenses in one go, so if they have crop lenses and can make do for a period till they have the money, that's an advantage. As they gather the resource they swap out the crop lenses for FF ones. Now, they might as you say have been planning the transition for years and been buying only FF lenses, but to do that they would have to have had advanced warning of Canon and Nikon's product roadmap.

-- hide signature --

Bob

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow