If you don't think design is important, don't read this...

Started Sep 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Malikknows
Malikknows Regular Member • Posts: 336
Re: If you don't think design is important, don't read this...

I'm very glad you posted on this topic. Style, quality of build, etc., are important to me, too. I found very interesting the Fuji reps comments that this was a conscious strategy for the X line of cameras. I think Fuji is doing something very smart by differentiating their products from the other makers in this way. I wouldn't use an MG as an example, though, although I see your point. Think Apple instead. Apple products all have superior style and incredible build quality -- and people are queuing up to get them -- even though they command a significant price premium (think laptops). They've shown there exists a strong market for quality design and construction in consumer electronics. Apples work better, IMHO, but they are also a pleasure to handle, to look at and to own. Fuji seems to be pursuing a similar course in cameras and I, for one, am very excited about it.

Malikknows's gear list:Malikknows's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX30 Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony a6000 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow