seeking some advice regarding a purchase

Started Sep 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
dpnaiba Regular Member • Posts: 121
Re: seeking some advice regarding a purchase

Mike here got it all perfect

So I summarize:

1) Get a WR lens for general walk around & vacation shots. 18-55 or preferably 18-135 in my opinion. This is the lens for when you don't want to worry about rain or keeping the gang waiting for you to change the lens.

2) Get the cheap and excellent 35mm 2.4 for in house stuff and for general great shots. 35mm is not very good for close portraits - not very flattering IMO - but its hard to fit a playing kid in 50mm.

3) Get a tele zoom if you think you need it (sports, airshows for example). the 55-300 is said to be the better option but the 50-200 is decent for my level too. I don't think WR is such a big deal for these but i did shoot a Thunderbirds airshow in rain, with my non WR K100D and 50-200. No harm done!

My current kit:
K5
Samyang 8mm Fisheye
18-135WR
21mm Limited
35mm 2.4 cheapo
A50mm 1.7 (manual focus)
50-200 Non WR

(I gave my old K100D + 18-55 away for free cause I couldn't find anyone to buy it )

What I currently use mostly is the 35mm for following the 11month kid around and the Fish eye for general WTF shots since its so addictive.

dpnaiba's gear list:dpnaiba's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 II Pentax K-1 Pentax KP Pentax smc DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow