seeking some advice regarding a purchase

Started Sep 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Zvonimir Tosic
Zvonimir Tosic Senior Member • Posts: 2,844
Second option

Blackburn11 wrote:

Second, I was considering the 18-135 weather sealed lens and k-30 for $1100 (and a 70-300mm lens in the future). I was also thinking about the 18-55 lens and a 50-200 lens for $930 (and perhaps a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 in the near future).

I think second option is more versatile.

I have both 18-55 and 50-200 WR editions and both will give you lots of fun. With K30, lots of sharp images and plenty of dynamic range, and lots of low light shooting ability.

Like yourself, I too carry my Pentax K-7 with both lenses when going with my family to some holiday, and despite the snow, drizzle, cold, wind, sand, etc. it just works. I am so pleased with it that I don't dream about new systems, but simply want to enjoy using mine to the max. In addition to two zooms, I also got several Limited lenses. To describe them, I have no words — they are works of art.

If I were you, I'd leave all full of nonsense opinions you'll find here about the gloom and doom. You will find similar attitude about ANY subject in life, and that is usual people's comfort zone, guarded by fear, doubt. Instead of opening their eyes and enjoying life, they poison others. Most trolls have no better idea what to do but live in fantasy lands of camera specs alone, dreaming about "what the next day will bring on". But true photography is taken rather now.

Pentax, bar none, is the name for most comprehensive APS-C lineup of lenses and excellent cameras, and will commit to it in the future. It is just perfect for people like you and me, with lots of obligations, have a growing family, must work, so on.

Here are some from my family holidays, all taken with a simple 18-55 WR kit lens, and the last two, on the beach, with 50-200 WR.

Please enjoy your K-30 and learn as much you can about it. Remember, you're after wonderful memories in life. Don't waste your time on fools' opinions.

-- hide signature --

Zvonimir Tosic

"I want to be the tripod, the light meter, the motor drive."
— Eve Arnold

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow