Really that much difference btw d600/6d autofocus system???

Started Sep 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Craig76 Regular Member • Posts: 255
Re: Really that much difference btw d600/6d autofocus system???

Good analysis of the AF systems. I did something similar by downloading layouts of D600 and 6D AF and layering them in Photoshop. The black dots represent the 6D layout spread, the green the D600.

Both systems cover about the same distance in the frame. The 6D being just a tad wider, but both are clumped in the center. Nikon has more cross type points, but with them all clustered in the center is only better for one use really, action photography.

The Nikon is only sensitive to -1 ev (a step down from the D800's -2 ev), while Canon increased sensitivity to -3 ev.

So, numbers aside there isn't that much difference between the two. It is dissapointing, but switching to Nikon over AF would be kinda pointless. And actually may be a step down compared to the 6D.

I entertained the idea of switching systems, but decided to instead get a Sigma 12-24mm FF lens that I can use NOW on my 60D...then when I get a 6D in 4 or 5 months I'll already have an ultra wide lens for it
--
http://www.pbase.com/cpilecky

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow