Started Sep 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 13,144
Re: Optical Distortion Correction

bestbyte wrote:

rattymouse wrote:

57even wrote:

bestbyte wrote:

km25 wrote:

I prepaid for a 14mm f2.8 @ B&H. I heard Nov. does anyone have any news about when.
--
kam

I wonder how the Optical Distortion Correction works...Fuji claims by applying optical distortion correction the image quality would remain intact as opposed to when software corrected. It would be a milestone in wide angle lens design if they manage to correct distortion optically.

Check out the Nikon 14-24 F2,8 zoom.

Best wide angle lens ever made. Fujifilm will at best match this lens and that is a long shot.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

I used Nikon 14-24 f2.8 and own Nikon 24-70 f2.8 and I can tell you that the amount of distortion you get from these lenses especially at their wider end is simply demoralizing!! They have good contrast,color rendition, AF Speed, as well as sharpness but what puts me off is the amount of distortion!!

You have a defective 14-24 then. A shame.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow