Lumix FZ200 made in?

Started Sep 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
oregonyankee
oregonyankee Regular Member • Posts: 107
Lumix FZ200 made in?

Based on many of the excellent posts I've seen in this forum, discussing this camera, I'm about ready to pull the trigger and buy.

I do have one final question that needs answering before I do so, however. Namely, what country is the FZ200 manufactured in? I've been unable to find the answer to this on the web. Nor do any of the stores I live near carry the camera, thus I can't check in person.

I'm very much hoping the camera is made in Japan. If Panasonic has chosen to outsource this model, I'll need to look for another model and/or brand.

And no, I'm not interested in discussing why anyone feels it makes no difference where something is manufactured. I've heard all of the arguments before. I simply don't want a (near) slave/child's blood on the things I purchase. ........it's bad karma, and I like sleeping with a (somewhat) clear conscience at night.

oregonyankee's gear list:oregonyankee's gear list
Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 1.4x EX DG Tele Converter Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM Art
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow