S100 after 2nd repair

Started Sep 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bruce Hunter Contributing Member • Posts: 856
Re: UPDATE

gail

I purchased my Canon S100 in Nov of 2011. I did not get the BB extended warranty. I have only the manufacturer's 1 yr. warranty ( though I used my Am Express card for the purchase , getting another yr warranty thru AMEx )

After the 1st lens error problem, I paid to mail the camera back to Canon's Repair Center , myself...... After that, I read some comments on Dpreview from others with the lens problem who had purchased their cameras at BB also, but had BB return the cameras and pay the shipping . So, I did the same when the 2nd error occurred .

Don D.

I still have my Canon S90 ( using it as backup, now )....... I skipped the S95 upgrade but went for the S100. For myself, I found the improvement in low light capability to be significant. Also, the rear wheel problem fixed and now a non-issue ...AND the 24 mm wide has me hooked. Enough so, that I would really , really miss it if I went back to 28 mm, now.

As you had ( have ) the Canon S90, as well, I was especially interested to read
your opinions comparing the camera with the Sony X-100...... I'm sure most of us

are not so brand-fanatic that we are locked into only one brand of camera. I'm glad you joined the conversation.

Bruce Hunter's gear list:Bruce Hunter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 X
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow