New to Nikon. Need lens advice please (=

Started Sep 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Daniel Clune
Daniel Clune Veteran Member • Posts: 3,451
Re: maybe I should get a top quality lens first...

You can get an adapter to use Nikon lens on canon bodies but not the other way around.

You now have the crop rebel canon body so buying a tamron 24-70 for canon gives you a 38-122mm lens on the rebel.

If you do get a Nikon D600 then the 24-120F4 would cover most of your need but why keep the canon gear? I seriously doubt you will use it much once you get the D600. You have the 70-200F4 now if its the "IS" version you can get about a grand for it and look at a sigma 70-200 2.8 nikon mount. Or look at a Nikon 80-200 2.8 AFS model. About the same price. There are several nikon 80-200 2.8,,,the AFS is latest version.

Oh the Tamron 24-70 seems to have alot of issues and is $1300 so is a brand new Nikon 24-120 F4 at about $1300.

Or keep canon gear get D600 plus a few used prime lenses for landscape type stuff.

Craig76 wrote:

Good point... I've been thinking, I have a Canon 70-200 F4L. Thats really my only prime lens, I do alot of night landscapes with star trails. Maybe I would be better off sticking to canon and buying a lens something like the Tamron 24-70 f2.8 now, then upgrade to a FF body in 6 months or so. I could use the lens right away, and then when I have a bit more money to spend I am all set with two lenses that cover most of my needs.

No matter what I am NOT selling off my Canon gear, its just that Nikon is making FF cameras that have the features I want at better prices. So I thought I could do a dual system thing.

Is there an adaptor so I can use Nikon lenses on Canon bodies and vise versa?

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --
 Daniel Clune's gear list:Daniel Clune's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Epson Stylus Photo R1900
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow