2 basic flashes rim lights to complement SB900?
I already have two SB900 units triggered by the Commander mode on a D7000 and would like a couple of flashes to use as RIM lights or side-lights, but didn't really relish the thought of spending another 2 x £300+ on SB900/SB910.
I'd like to know if anyone has suggestions for a sub $200 (£150) flash that can;
1. Be used with the Commander/CLS mode of the D7000 (I have no radio triggers)
2. Be aware of the Nikon pre-flashes and know when to trigger properly.
3. Can be in manual mode for power but that power be adjusted from the CLS menu on the D7000 as part of a "group".
I have seen mixed reviews of the Yongnuo units and am not quite clear whether the YN560EX or YN560EX-II would do it. I have never seen a Sunpak or any other alternatives so am open to suggestions.
Mods please move this from Lighting to Beginners questions if you feel this is in the wrong forum (I'm new to dpreview!)
I am in the UK.
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Sep 21, 2012|
|Sep 21, 2012|
|Sep 22, 2012|
|Sep 23, 2012|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sadiqur_Rahman by Sadiqur Rahman|
from Ain't Going to Work on Maggie's Farm no More
|Airborne by John Beavin|
from - How to respect the Flag and Anthem - (Portrait in Full Colours + A Border)