I would like to know where I could order a G15 without all these European taxes, as un European inhabitant ?? anyone ?
In the US the suggested retail price for the G15 is $499.
In Euroland it is (on average) €620.
So, at the current exchange rate, Eurolanders like me will pay about $800 or 67% more.
That must be one of biggest price gaps I've seen for a compact camera.
How do we explain that rather substantial difference?
Seems unfair and the only reason I can think of would be high import tariffs and import value added taxes.
I could be wrong but can't think of any other reason.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4