D600 Liveview

Started Sep 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
chn_andy OP Junior Member • Posts: 47
Re: D600 Liveview

Thanks, Mic!

This behavior of liveview is known in D300s and D7000 because for focus it needs to skip lines in order to obtain a high frame rate.

For Electronic first curtain, simply set to Quiet release and a 5 second exposure in live view, if you hear mechanical shutter recharging sound upon pressing the shutter release button, then there's no EFC. Canon use the microphone to play a "click" sound when EFC is engaged.

creaDVty wrote:
Hi chn_andy

BTW, what kind of magnification will you get?

I don't know how to measure it but you can press the zoom button 7 times. At the 6th time it looks like a 1:1 view that occupies the entire LCD. When you press it a 7th time it zooms in further, which I am guessing is approximately a 2:1 view.

Is there any electronic first curtain when you use Quiet mode + Live view?

If I am in live view and in quiet mode, and i press the shutter, the screen blacks out for a moment. Is that what is meant by an electronic first curtain?

Best regards,

-- hide signature --

TTL Flash Tutorial and over 400+ other articles for taking better candid and family photos.

chn_andy's gear list:chn_andy's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow