Visiting Africa. Where to go?

Started Jul 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
mujana Veteran Member • Posts: 5,328
Re: Visiting Africa. Where to go?

Hello Jan.

Africa can be beautiful. My experiences go from Tunesia/Algeria (by own Landrover),Central African Republic, Zaire (Congo now) Uganda/Kenya/Tanzania and Zimbabwe. Possibly going to Namibia next year.

For wildlife I can recommend Tanzania; the numbers are just amazing and you'll be seing the big 5 without any doubt. Kilimanjaro/Ngorongoro Crater/Serengetti. Absolutely the best for wildlife in all Africa (as far as I know it). I would love to visit Namibia next year...but especially for the desolation / sand/desert/sanddunes/landscape and culture (Himba). Ofcourse there's a lot of wildlife too, but I do not believe Tanzania can be beaten when it comes to spotting wildlife.

By the way...I cannot recommend Central African Republic or Congo at the moment (although very impressive and beatifull, these countries are too dangerous at the moment).
Good luck!

p.s. Desert can be very beautiful and impressive and is not only sand/sand (I've driven my own car through the Sahara, so I know:-)

mujana's gear list:mujana's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony Alpha a7R II Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow