Cold Feet: I purchased a 7D, but will I regret it? (I currently own a 60D.)

Started Sep 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP JustShane Forum Member • Posts: 78
Re: Cold Feet: I purchased a 7D, but will I regret it? (I currently own a 60D.)

Karl Gnter Wnsch wrote:

JustShane wrote:

Then why did he even bother with the test?

It's a test phase detection against contrast detection - on a static subject in a studio under controlled circumstances with the center AF point only. He himself writes (and takes away all the relevance you ascribe to the test with regard to your concerns):

"Before we start discussing it, let me be clear: the numbers we’re looking at aren’t a statistical analysis and there’s anyone who tries to say “Camera X was 30 and camera Y was 17, so camera Y has a better autofocus system” is missing the point entirely. We’re looking at one tiny part of the AF system: how well does the phase contrast system compare to contrast detection looking only at the center point, with a still target."
--
regards
Karl Günter Wünsch

But what if you're shooting a still target? (Seriously though...)
Granted, tracking is important, but I obviously shoot stills as well.

Personally, I don't think the 7D should be outclassed by its less expensive brethren under any given circumstance. The fact that it apparently is disturbs me and makes me hesitate big time. (I save over $400 if I keep the 60D...)

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow