CP4500 has a RAW mode!

Started Jan 21, 2003 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Ed Rotberg Senior Member • Posts: 1,865
Re: Dead Pixel Remapping

Dang,

It would sure be nice to get a good translation of his web page. I tried running the text through Babelfish, but it was still choppy. It LOOKED like he was recommending that the lens be pointing at a flat white background for mapping out DEAD pixels (ass opposed to "hot" pixels). But The translation is just to rough for this.

Here is what BabelFish translated for what I think is the relevant portion of the page:

-- hide signature --

Addition:the version of v0.0e is augmented by the procedures of reading and renovation of the table of the "corpses" of pikseley.I still will refine terminology, but so that there would be now the clarity:"hot" either yuot or defecht - this of pikseli which appear brighter than must be (they are manifested as bright colored points), while "corpses" either dead or blachk - pikseli whose brightness less than must be (they look like black points). The procedure of mapirovaniya of the "corpses" of pikseley is not thus far clear.It is understandable only that the photograph in the light/world is necessary for their detection.I.e. the objective of chamber/camera must be opened and look at the flat white background, the type of ceiling. Not each chamber/camera supports the renovation of the table of the "corpses" of pikseley.Ye2shch00 does not accurately support, Yeshch000 - accurately it supports.- I do not know about the rest, but in proportion to obtaining I will write/record information into the summary table.
------------------------------

I hope this helps. I am very leary of trying this out without a better translation of the page although it wuld be nice to map out my HOT pixels without sending the camera back to Nikon. FWIW, it's a 995 and already out of warranty anyhow.

= Ed =

MariusN wrote:
Alex,

What should be in front of the lens during those calibration/bad
pixel remapping shots?

Would be ok to have the lens cap on or do we have to put some sort
of white surface in fornt of the lens, in good and uniform light?

I am just testing out the 3 versions of the Paul's program with my
995. Is curious that none of them could read any bad pixel from the
camera, is like there are is no bad pixel map on my 995. Bad pixel
mapping was done on this camera in the past and right now there are
several stuck pixels on the CCD, clearly visible as hot (bright
pink, green, bluem I have all colors..) at 1/4 sec shutter speed,
even at 1/60 sec (ISO 100, etc).

Does Paul have any chance to test this program with another
Coolpix? Anyone else here willing to give it a test shot, just to
see if is reading the bad pixels with other Coolpix models trhan
2500 that Paul has?

Thanks,
Marius

AlexMld wrote:

To make the camera to recalculate the table you
need to press Remap. The camera starts doing some shots etc for
about 10 sec - this is OK.

--
= Ed Rotberg =

'A waist is a terrible thing to mind'

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JWL
JWL
JWL
JWL
RPK
lsz
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow