Which Macro Lens
Well, in the absence of any other replies here's my view. I shoot a lot of macros with Canon gear, especially the Canon 100mm f2.8 USM Macro and the MP-E 65mm Macro lenses. I also have Tamron 60mm f2.0 Macro and Sigma 180mm f3.5 Macro lenses.
The Canon Macros have the edge in image quality, but not by a huge amount and I am happy with the images I get from the Tamron and Sigma Macro lenses.
Equally important to the lens you're using is the lighting. I shoot a lot of hand-held macros "in the field" and a good flash setup is essential.
Check out my galleries (lots of macros) at :
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!