NEX-5n focus sticks, not hunting
I'm having some issues with my NEX-5n and the kit 18-55 lens. The camera is brand new, with firmware 1.01.
When trying to focus closer than the minimum focus distance, the green focusing icon on the lower left keeps blinking, and the focus is unresponsive. Half- or fullpressing the shutter does nothing but bring up the normal icons on screen, and the camera does not even hunt for focus, it just sits there. It usually returns to normal in a few seconds, or turning the camera off and on.
I could foresee this being a serious issue in the future, when I need to get a quick second shot and the camera is stuck for seconds.
Has anyone else encountered this issue?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%