6D is proof that Canon has lost it...

Started Sep 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
JackM
JackM Veteran Member • Posts: 8,434
Re: Canon truly stinks now

meland wrote:

A very balanced response if I might say so. But again you like many others are assuming that the AF module is the same as that in the original 5D. I guarantee it isn't. In a similar way some might assume the 3.0 litre 6 cylinder engine in my 2003 BMW is the same as the engine in my 2010 BMW. Yes they are both 3.0 litre petrol in line 6 cylinders and on paper look very similar. But one has 240BHP and can manage 28mpg and the other 315BHP and 36mpg. Some progress has taken place.

The line-type sensors in the 6D may very well be better than the line-type sensors in the 5D2. But there is no way in hell that they can compete with the cross type sensors in the D600. Yes I know you didn't mention the D600, but that is the camera with which the 6D must compete. So even if those line-types are better, the AF system still fails to compete. (for people who need reliable outer AF points, which I'm betting is fewer than the number of people complaining.)

JackM's gear list:JackM's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MM1
MM1
MM1
RR6
TKW
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow