6D is proof that Canon has lost it...

Started Sep 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
kevindar
kevindar Veteran Member • Posts: 4,336
I knew 5d2 was ground breaking at its release

5d2 was truly innovative, and many years after its release, at its price point, it had no competitors. Its only weakness was its pedestrian autofocus. but jumping to 22mp from 12, while making slight improvements in noise handling, and addition of video, increasing fps, decreasing shutter lag, and improving over all responsiveness, truly ground breaking. there was no one to compete with them. Noone offered video. d3x (which was released later) was not as responsive, lacked video, and was a lot more expensive (a lot). Canon simply has no Niche, nothing to boast now (unless you want to say gps or wifi is something to boast about, which is available for other bodies). At the heart of their camera, their sensor technology is inferior. the sensor density is inferior. the autofocus, well, superior in 5d3, but pathetic in 6D. No innovation, even simple things like a touch screen or articulating screen, etc.

This is truly canon's most disappointing announcement I have seen, and yeah, they officially stink.
--
http://razzi.me/kevindar/photos

kevindar's gear list:kevindar's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Sony a6000 +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MM1
MM1
MM1
RR6
TKW
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow