6D is proof that Canon has lost it...

Started Sep 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 5,590
Re: of course there's always this

John_A_G wrote:

meland wrote:

Everyone seems to assume that a cross point sensor is automatically better or more accurate than a linear sensor don't they. I accept that from the same manufacturer, at the same point in time, that is quite probably true. But technology moves on and I guarantee that you can find current linear sensors that outperform earlier cross type sensors. So let's wait and see how this admittedly modest specification on paper actually works in the field shall we?

I think you may win the fanboy of the year award so far

Thanks a bunch!

If linear sensors were just as good or better they wouldn't have needed to make the center point on this camera cross would they? Give it up already. If Canon and developed new AF sensors they would have bragged about it in the release.

However what I was trying to infer before you leapt down my throat was that the 6D's autofocus may well perform better it appears on paper (e.g. better than the 5DII's given the advance in sensor technology since the 5DII). I was comparing curren/t line sensors with older/ line sensors and older cross sensors, as I'm sure you will see if you re-read my post. AF sensors are in a constant state of development just as other components of a camera. My point was that many just read the specification of number of sensors and automatically assume things about their performance. All I'm saying is they probably shouldn't, not until the camera is fully tested.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MM1
MM1
MM1
RR6
TKW
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow