6D is proof that Canon has lost it...

Started Sep 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dylthedog Contributing Member • Posts: 844
Re: 6D is proof that Canon has lost it...

tkbslc wrote:

rrccad wrote:

tkbslc wrote:

DSHAPK wrote:

I own a t4i, and this camera is very appealing, "low grade" specs and all.

How are you going to feel when you spend $2100 to upgrade to a camera with a much worse AF system and slower continuous burst?

people did that with the 5D and 5D Mark II .. somehow they survived and forked out 2999 and 2699 respectively during the launch.

the 5D didn't have worse AF than anything but the 1D cameras at time of launch.

People did moan about the AF for the 5Dmk2, but overlooked it for the Video, resolution and image quality. At the time, it was a similar AF system to the Rebel models, but had a better center point.

Now Canon doesn't have superiority in ANY categories, so the fact that they gimped the AF is unforgivable. And now it is WORSE than the Rebel line. That's sad. At worst it should be a sideways move, but downward is sad.

Great points. As I said in another post, this is a Canon FF shooters travel camera; some will buy it for other reasons but from a comparison with Nikon and Sony offerings this is decidedly dull and not even reaching the lofty heights of a 'me too'.

I just hope the reality is thats it's got some 'hidden gem' qualities yet to be discovered. It's gonna need 'em.

Dylthedog's gear list:Dylthedog's gear list
Sony RX1R II Olympus PEN-F Sony a7R III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MM1
MM1
MM1
RR6
TKW
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow