6D is proof that Canon has lost it...

Started Sep 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 5,590
Re: I really have to agree with you on...

Silvex wrote:

meland wrote:

Silvex wrote:
Even the Rebels have 1/200 sync.

A small point but what do you imagine is the practical difference is between 1/200s and 1/180s flash sync?

Perhaps it's mostly psychological. I use Speedlights quite a bit. And when you are trying to balance ambient light with the flash, using the widest aperture you can, without getting motion blur, the difference between 1/250 and 1/200 seems huge. Since 1/200 stinks, 1/180 seems like a complete joke. Is there a practical difference? I don't know. But, even my old EOS 620 has 1/250th sync. And now, we're going slower than the Rebels?

Well I explained why the Rebels have a faster sync speed so I won't bore people by repeating that. The EOS 620/650 sync speeds were marked at 1/250s but were actually about 1/200s if you got a good one, some were only 1/175s. I suspect the actual difference between the marked 1/200s and the 6D's 1/180 s is actually absolutely zero. But even if the speeds are (and remain accurate) which they won't, the difference is 0.9 of an F Stop. Not worth worrying about and unnoticeable in practice.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MM1
MM1
MM1
RR6
TKW
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow