6D is proof that Canon has lost it...

Started Sep 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Osiris30 Senior Member • Posts: 2,804
Re: 6D is proof that Canon has lost it...

ByronP wrote:

Why would anyone with any brains buy one of these? I own all types of canon gear and I see absolutely no reason to buy this.

Let's play a hypothetical game; What if the sensor is actually pretty good and the high iso is great. And you have an AF that works at -3 ev (did you guys read the specs or see 11 points and stop reading). Now you have a great night shooter. And if the high-iso is amazing, it probably will mean that Canon might have fixed some of the other pesky IQ issues.

Canon has been doing a lot of work on their AF lately and everyone seems to forget this. As long as the AF works, and works well, and has a decent spread, I don't overly care how many points it has. This clearly isn't a sports shooter, so it doesn't need 100 AF points. If you want a tracking AF system that's amazing you have the 5d3 and 1dx.

I seems to me that Canon is being out marketed, out product management, and all the rest by its competition (Sony, Nikon, and some of the 4/3ers.)

Canon needs to hire some young turks like Nikon did and get rid of the old management.

If they don't start showing some marketing leading cameras, bye, bye canon and it will cost me dearly to do so. I will give them maybe 6-12 months to refind their way. Right now they are dangerously lost.

Camera companies are like diapers, they need to be changed often.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MM1
MM1
MM1
RR6
TKW
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow