What if Canon stopped gelding firmware?
1. Allowed all EF cameras to self calibrate their focus.
2. Allowed all EF cameras to self calibrate their lenses.
3. Allowed all EF cameras to upgrade lens firmware.
4. Allowed one pixel to be the Circle Of Confusion.
5. Allowed f/8 autofocus without guarantees.
6. Allowed AF confirmation on MF lenses without chips.
7. Retrofitted the new AF loop to older cameras.
8. Retrofitted the new AF loop to older lenses.
9. Documented EXIF.
After all, the camera is a computer. Other than radically increasing
the value of our cameras for almost no effort, why not?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!