Want to upgrade but won't

Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
davidgp
davidgp Contributing Member • Posts: 515
Re: Want to upgrade but won't

Digirame wrote:

Yes, it was taken hand-held at the Oregon Zoo. I was sitting on a bench and I was able to keep very still. I have quite a bit of experience taking pictures at slow shutter speeds of wildlife with my Olympus Zuiko 70-300mm lens, so when I tried it with this Canon lens, I was also able to do it.

Here's another one when I opened the aperture a little more, for a slightly increased shutter speed. Since I was so close to the bird, I stopped the lens down (at F10 and F11) so I would have more depth of field. I've been using the Canon T2i (550D) cameras (I have two of them) with the kit lenses since December. I find that ISO1600 is very usable.

Canon T2i (550D), 55-250mm IS lens, ISO1600, F10, 1/20, 250mm FL

Handheld?! I'm floored. I can't do anything close to that. I guess I need to work on my technique... a lot! Thanks for posting. I agree that 1600 works well.

davidgp's gear list:davidgp's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow