San Francisco - Sunset

Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
pixseal
pixseal Veteran Member • Posts: 3,387
Re: San Francisco - Sunset

Julius T Santos wrote:

I will be traveling for 10 days to SFO in December. For those of you that are familiar with the Bay Area, I could use some suggestions as to where it would be nice to go to be able to take some nice sunset landscape photographs. I'll have a rental car so anywhere within an hours drive of the city would be ok.

December is within San Francisco's rainy season, but you'll likely find at least a couple of clear days within your 10 day span. Within "The City", you can shoot sunsets from Ocean Beach, Twin Peaks or Fort Point. South of S.F. shoot from Highway 1 (coast highway) or Highway 35 (along the Santa Cruz Mountains ridge). North of S.F. shoot from Highway 1 (coast highway) or the top of Mount Tamalpais.

Are staying in San Francisco or in one of the outlying areas? It makes a big difference as to where you can drive in 1 hour.
--
-Dave
http://pixseal.com

pixseal's gear list:pixseal's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS Rebel SL2 Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +19 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow