Full frame anybody?

Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
WT21 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,021
Re: Full frame anybody?

Are the OP and the above reply the same user?? Why 2 IDs?

The first reply is correct -- find out what you want.

The D600 is neither as small nor as cheap as first rumored.

You can get a Canon 5Dii for less money, though it's not smaller. But go compare sizes and weights. The D600 is smaller than other FF, but larger than a lot of APS-C DSLRs and MUCH larger than say an OMD.

I would take FF, but I want a still smaller body.

rjansenbr wrote:

Very well put... To me DOF control and state of the art image quality would be in favor of full frame (we all know that)... but I'd like to hear other opinions...

Sean Nelson wrote:

I think you need to sit yourself down and organize your thoughts so you understand exactly what it is you want in a camera - and since many needs tend to work against each other what their priorities are:

• DOF control

• low light capability

• cost

• shooting style (action? landscapes? architectural?)

• portability

• lens interchangability

• feature set

...etc.

You're the only one who can really rate how important those kinds of factors are to you, and that's what should determine your choice of camera, not my opinion or the opinions of other folks who will post here.

WT21's gear list:WT21's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow