Want to upgrade but won't

Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP Scrozzy Regular Member • Posts: 211
Re: Want to upgrade but won't

Digirame wrote:

Do you need extra megapixels or higher ISO performance and any of the other nicer features? For the most part I feel that ISO1600 and ISO3200 is adequate even during our cloudy weather, but there's times getting clean ISO6400 or higher pictures would be desirable. It all depends on the type of pictures that you take.

I don't need extra megapixels, I'm indifferent when it comes to that. 1600 on a 450D looks a bit messy (LR is a life saver), so anything from the 500D or later is going to be a big help.

It's not boastful, but I've just outgrown Rebels. I'm not interested in these incremental marketing upgrades. I want to broaden my capability and work with a tool that boosts me with my preferred style. For me that means cleaner and dreamier photos, with AF that can nail those pesky kids! Apparently Canon thinks these tools only belong in the realm of the professional.

I'm going to eat my words when they announce a rival to the D600, aren't I? I hope I do.

Scrozzy's gear list:Scrozzy's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow