Sony user considering switching to Pentax

Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
jimrpdx
jimrpdx Veteran Member • Posts: 3,604
Re: Sony user considering switching

I came over from Sony two years ago, when their lineup was a true mess with no upgrade path for me. They seem to be doing better at picking paths (NEX & SLT) but neither is a path I would choose, so Pentax has been a great fit for me. The K-5 is a great move up from my A200, it has all the advanced features yet stayed slim unlike the A700 and now A77. Battery life is most impressive and Pentax did a great job processing the Sony sensor.

I just picked up a DA40 and it's most impressive, and having a 40 keeps the 35 from capturing my attention - though if macro is important to you (and you don't mind getting really close!) the 35 Limited would be a great choice. I'm thinking 21-40-70 will be a good trio for me some day; I have a Sigma 15 fisheye and a great old Rikenon 28mm, so the DA70 is next on my list.
--
Jim in Oregon -- K5 user, Alpha a200 & Lumix m4:3 veteran
talking to myself at http://granitix.blogspot.com

jimrpdx's gear list:jimrpdx's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Pentax K-50 YI M1 Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow