Display drivers: OEM vs Generic
Hi fellow enthusiasts!
Getting a bit more serious about my photography, hence the purchase of an IPS monitor and hardware calibrator. All well and good, but.....
I currently have a Windows Vista system, and I'm looking forward to upgrading to Windows 8 after trying the RTM version. I doubt the system manufacturer of my desktop (HP) will be releasing Windows 8 graphics drivers specifically tailored for my onboard card, so I'll be stuck with Microsoft's generic ones.
I'm not technically savvy about drivers; just curious if having generic drivers installed instead of tailored OEM ones will in any way impact on what I see/calibration/post work.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!