Silly D600 UK price point...

Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Leif Goodwin Senior Member • Posts: 1,390
Re: Silly D600 UK price point...

u007 wrote:

Leif Goodwin wrote:

u007 wrote:

US to UK prices are always like this unfortunately

Thing is, the price of the D800 is £2599, not the occasional £2499, 2399 or even 2199 that we've seen around. The actual price is £2599 and I don't think that will change for a while.

So in that respect, the d600 price of £1995 makes sense. And it will come down further, widening the gap.

Your information is not correct:

http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/prod2567.html

They're still temporary. You're comparing a reduced d800 price vs a d600 at full-price. When the d600 gets the same price cut, or the d800 price goes back up, the gap will make sense.

No I'm comparing the ACTUAL price I would have to pay to buy the items. That is all that matters. At the moment the street price of both is so close that I cannot see the point of buying the D600 rather than the D800. I can buy a D800 for about £2100 from several shops, not just the one in the link. That is a fact. I suspect Nikon UK do not want to sell this camera. Clearly the price needs to come down significantly for it to sell in any quantity. Bear in mind the D800 price will drop further, as it has been on sale for many months, and demand has slowed.

Leif Goodwin's gear list:Leif Goodwin's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow