Published: Our Sony SLT-A57 review

Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
sensibill
sensibill Veteran Member • Posts: 5,401
Re: No surprise to me...

ET2 wrote:

Amateur Sony Shooter wrote:

OTOH, RX100 earned same score, and universally credited as "ground breaking" pocket P&S, due to its $650 asking price it got Silver Award only. DPR's award system seems a lot like Consumer Report: whoever get decent score but in budget price wins.

Ok, dude. Give it up. DPR gave RX100 a silver and pretty high score. Silver isn't a curse word. It's already done. Just keep whining about it isn't going to change anything.

I have to agree with you here - the RX100 is surely great in many ways, but some people feel it's an indictment of their soul to have their new fav camera get less than gold... Ego gets wrapped up in it, somehow.

I'll admit I was that way when I got my first E-Pen, with the novelty of m4/3 at the time and the forum was buzzing with activity in 2010, but after a while you realize there's new and better stuff always around the corner, and planting your flag on one model or brand isn't going to make you take better pics or earn credits with a manufacturer.

sensibill's gear list:sensibill's gear list
Nikon 1 J1 Sony Alpha a7 II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow