Silly D600 UK price point...

Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
NuFonaut Senior Member • Posts: 2,211
Re: u think the UK price is silly?

I was waiting for the D600 and wanted to buy it. Nikon must be crazy! The Canon 5d MKII is 1700 Euros and pro quality (yeah, it´s a bit older, so what, it´s still competitive, like the D700 is).

The D600 plus kit is worth about that, 1700. People were looking for a small capable FX, now they can get full pro models for less money.

Nikon messed up. For that price they┬┤ll see no money from me. And i have saved quite something for lenses too. My business might go elsewhere

ricko5 wrote:

The RRP price is predictably 25% too high - the same as pretty much everything Nikon has released in the UK for about 3 years.

Street price will drop of course, but it would have to get down to £1500 or I'll be out, even then the cheaper price might not be enough to ease the pain of the missing "AF-On" button on the back which I am disappointed about. Great that it has AF fine tune though.

So looking for an upgrade path from a D700 and I don't care about video - the D800 has too many teething issues, the D600 is missing some features.

The other day I saw an advert for Canon 5d Mk2 for £1,100. Even given the hassle of switching systems the price of that is very tempting, undecided yet if it's quite enough to sell my soul and switch to the dark side.

-- hide signature --

What´s that noise?

From one of the Canon Forums:

'I just came back from my first holiday with the 5D II (I think my wife was there as well). '

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow