Epson 3880 canvas experience
I bought a roll of Breathing color canvas and tried it on my 3880; here are the thoughts:
1. The only way to feed it semi successfully is to glue a piece of hard paper (60lb or more) to the leading edge. Leaving 1 inch lead in worked every time. Having 0.25 inch lead in worked on 4th attempt. Lead in is the distance paper sticks out in-front of canvas.
2. gluing cardboard to the front or back of canvas works. Combined thickness of cardboard and canvas is too thick for that area to print properly; dimension your print to sacrifice the part of canvas where lead in paper is glued. I did not try thinner paper as lead in material.
3. when creating the custom paper size don't forget to account for additional length of lead in paper; i nearly broke my printer having miscalculated by1". Heard very loud screeching sound; printer spat rest of canvas out and reported error code and told me to call for support. Cycling power fixed the error.
Elmers glue stick did not work well for gluing; i actually got the paper stuck in printer and had to take it apart to get paper out. Elmers liquid glue works; let it cure though...
Bottom line is:
Plan ahead, use lead in paper, it will work.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!