UWA and filters
So I am almost ready to say goodbye to my trusty Canon 7D and the few accesoiries I have not sold yet. I thought that fast and/or long tele lenses were the only weakness of m43 for me.
I found another one: landscape photography using filters.
12 mm is not wide enough for me
the Oly 9-18mm is too weak to hold larger/ heavier filter(sets) - I'll elaborate further on.
The 7-14mm does not accept filters
neither does a fisheye.
The type of filters I want to use are neutral density filters, polarisation filters, and graduated neutral density filters. Sometimes more than one at once. And especially for the NDgrad filters, it HAS to be a cokin(like) system in which you can move the filter up and down.
I have a Cokin type A filter holder and some filters. There is not much to be found for that holder. And still it gets heavy with two or three filters stacked.
I have a Cokina type P filter holder. I can get a step down ring and fit it on the 9-18, but it will be even heavier. Plus the gradients of the bigger NDgrad filters make less sense on the small front element.
I used a Lee filter set a few times. Even heavier holder. Heavier filters (bigger). BUT they have some VERY nice NDgrads.
So, my question(s):
1. Anyone succeeded in fitting filters (Cokin like) on the 7-14mm?
2. Anyone knows of a place where I can still find Cokin A type filters of good quality?
3. How do you feel about my idea to get a 'regular' 43rds 9-18mm just to be able to use P size filters and to be able to put a little more weight on the front of the lens?
4. How is the IQ of the 'regular' 9-18mm compared to the tiny one I already own?
Thanks in advance,
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%