PLEASE HELP D3100, D3200 or D5100

Started Sep 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
digitalization Regular Member • Posts: 193
Re: PLEASE HELP D3100, D3200 or D5100

lnguyenh wrote:

digitalization wrote:

Maybe have some thoughts about what size of camera you will be comfortable carrying around. Nothing is sader than people having great cameras but too shy/weak to bring it with them.

Think it's time we redesign our general way of thinking about consumer DSLR cameras.

Shy? The days when a DSLR was a thing of rich/passionate amateurs and professionals only is long past, nobody looks at you any different when you pull out a Dxx00 with a kit lens attached. It's of course different when you wear a photo vest with two huge tele primes and a backup body strapped to your body.

Weak? A D3k or D5k series camera is so small and light it feels more like a toy, the new plastic kit lenses ain't exactly on heavy side either. Older photogs were taught to use their left hand to take a low grip of the lens to support the weight, today skinny 5-foot girls hold their cameras the same way you hold a compact Probably get the same results as compact too but that's not important here.

I personally only have/use a DSLR, but countless threads about mirrorless cameras made me realize that lot of people find DSLRs too big, hence my advice to OP.

That's the iPhone age for ya, if it doesn't fit in a shirt pocket it's obviously too big.

digitalization's gear list:digitalization's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow