70-200 f2.8 I vs. II - comments? Comparisons? Also for 14mm f2.8 L

Started Sep 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
keekimaru New Member • Posts: 22
Re: 70-200 f2.8 I vs. II - comments? Comparisons? Also for 14mm f2.8 L

For 70-200 f2.8 II

For 1st time buyers of this lens.

• Watch canonpricewatch dot com.

• If you never owned an L lens, you will be shocked at how sharp this is (then again, most L lenses should have that effect)

• If you never had Image Stabilization, this will allow you to take sharper photos indoors. It will reduce motion blur from lens movement, but not from the subject where the larger aperture has greater effect.

• It is weather sealed (you'll notice a black o-ring at the mount) - you'll need to add a lens filter to complete the sealing.

• You can use this for sports to portrait photography. For portraits, you get excellent bokeh at 200mm / f2.8 (the smooth background blur where your subject is in focus)

For those upgrading from the original Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, I didn't think there was much to improve on (I was wrong!)

• That lens came out in September 2001, so you are taking advantage of 9 years of technological advancement

• The buttons are designed better - I hated how I always switched to MF when shooting! This is now a non-issue (no need to tape it down)

• Second generation Image Stabilization technology that is silent, you could hear the motor sound of the gyro in the first version. You get 4 stops vs 3 stops IS.

• Improved optics - it has one fluorite and five UD elements for increased optical quality. You get reduced flare, which improves contrast (Your brain tells you it is 'sharper')

More Review : http://canonslr.babybi.com/detail.php?id_detail=Canon-EF-70-200mm-f-2-8L-IS-II-USM-Telephoto-Zoom-Lens-for-Canon-SLR-Cameras-id75&website=dpreview

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow